This product is for local collection only and not available for shipping.
How it works:
1. Collect your Clay Club Kit from our studio in the North Laines.
2. Make your piece at home and let it dry.
3. Bring it back to the studio where we will load all of your items into our trusty Kiln Matilda! There we will bisque fire your pieces to over 1000C and bring it back down to room temperature, which can take over 24h!!
4. Collect your piece and decorate at home using your coloured glazes!
5. Return to the studio for one last firing session to seal your glaze and make your pieces shiny!
6. Collect your items or choose to have your piece shipped to your home for an extra cost!
What’s included in your kit:
1. 1.5kg of Earthenware Clay
2. One instructional booklet with tips and tricks to get you started!
3. 3x 30ml jars of coloured underglazes.
4. One paint brush.
5. Handling and kiln service for two sets of fires.
Additionally, you can purchase our Clay Club Tool Kit for even more fun!
If you’d like your own colour combination, get in touch and let us know which three colours you'd like!
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!
Important Notice: Colours in jars are not representative of final firing results. Keep this in mind while painting your pieces as they will look different (muted or pastel vs bright and bold) once fired. Please look at “swatch” colours on pictures for a more accurate version of each colour.
This is a great way to keep you creative and killing the lockdown blues! The Clay Club was made for everyone, first time potters to experienced makers! And if getting your hands muddy isn’t your thing, you can still join the fun by ordering one of our Pottery Painting Kits, where you can find a ready-made object to pain tat home!
Please note that due to the nature of these materials accidents can occur. Although we try to provide as many tips and support to prevent this, we are not liable to breakage or damages.
Turn around times vary depending on how busy we are at the time! We always wait until we have a full kiln before starting a fire in order to be more energy efficient and kinder to the environment! Get in touch if you need your pieces fired quickly as times can vary from 2 - 6 weeks.